Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thought of The Day Thursday

I find it incredible how first impressions really do affect the way someone thinks about another person. It's like people only have one shot to prove themselves to others and if they don’t do a good job the first time, then they don't get a second chance to change people's opinions.

Take me for example, I am an outgoing, fun, bubbly, loving, talented, funny, kind-hearted, etc type of person.  When I was about 16 years old, I started working as a news anchor for a podcast called PhotoshopUserTv.com At that point in my life, I was young and wasn’t exactly taking life too seriously. Years went by and I was partying, staying up late, anything a growing teen would do to have fun. The people around me whether it would be family, friends, or even coworkers were witnesses to this – this is where the “first impression” part comes in… So in some of these people’s minds I am a crazy, irresponsible “wild child”. Up until recently I didn’t care what people thought about me – and in a small way I still don’t, BUT it would be nice if I was able to get that second chance.  It would be nice for people to see that I am not the same person I was when I was 16 years old, but that I am a mature, motivated, driven and professional 22 year old woman.

I am currently an assistant for a wildlife photographer named Moose Peterson, traveling to different cities on these amazing workshops called DLWS (that will be discussed on another exciting and informative blog post). I am also just about to open my own photography studio and I provide Photoshop retouching services. At 22 years of age I have to say, that’s not bad at all! I am doing what not even some 30 year olds are doing, and I am still having fun while doing it… yet in a very professional manner :)

Side Note: Like I have said before, I am going to try my best to post some kind of blog, video or photo each day. BUT please don't be upset if I miss out on a few days here and there. Work has me SO busy that it is difficult to do these kind of things sometimes. But I rather be working than doing nothing at all ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephanie
    Congrats on getting your blog started, I'm kinda surprised someone as outgoing as you hasn't had one for years.
    I remember those "newscasts", they were sometimes more entertaining than the podcast; especially your pronunciation of some of those goofy product/company names.
    I'm glad to see you've taken a tremendous opportunity of working alongside people like Scott, Matt and you Dad and turned it into a very cool career. And now you'll be working alonside Moose, Joe, Laurie and Kevin; you have no idea how jealous some of us amateurs are of you.
    Anyway, good luck in your new venture and hope to see you at one of the DLWS events, maybe Santa Fe.

    ReplyDelete